The kitchen is the heart of home. Adding new flooring, cabinets, counter tops, and a updated back splash are ways to improve your home valve while enjoying your dream kitchen.
Before you get started here are a couple of things to consider:
- Find a good contractor who is licensed and insured. For Tips look under my blog dated 12/2010.
- Plan Smart With your contractor's assistance plan smart by making appliance and fixture relocation's as practical as possible to fit your needs (more to follow in coming post)
- Plan lighting ahead of time. Upgrade your lighting the same time you do your electrical. This will save you the cost of having a electrician visit your house twice. (more to follow in coming post)
- Work with your contractor to draw the kitchen design.
- Work with your contractor to know how long your project will take. This means you will be giving up your kitchen for a time. Whoo hoo!! You get to eat out!
- Shop around for your appliances and have conformation of arrival time or on site. Keep in mind when making your decision to select appliances that would be attractive to potential buyers should you decide to sell your home.
- Depending on your budget you will need to make a decision to either have your cabinets resurfaced or purchase new ones.
- Selecting counter tops; remember granite and Corian are the most popular. They look expensive and indeed they are. But there are many counter tops now that are not as expensive and are very attractive so again considering your budget decide what option works best for you!
- Floor covering can be vinyl, hardwood, tile and other which your contractor can advise you on.
I will be posting a series of short topics here for the entire process of a kitchen remodel. I will also be making a link for you to like us on Facebook and receive a free Kitchen check list